Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Job Desk VS Multi Task

Do you know your job description in your office? If you a marketing officer, you can make an offer about your product to your customer, right? But can you read an accounting table too? Or if you are a HRD staff, beside check about employee salary, can you make a copy sales report for the director? It's look simple, but not many people can do multi task.

I'll give an easy example, about my self. I work in a finance company, my status is a legal senior staff (it because I graduate from Law Faculty). Even if my job description is about legal thing, but 75% I do in the office is nothing to do with legal thing. In the office, I usually spent my time to work with computer, network, and electronic thing. It happen because the system department who usually take care about the computer and network is available in head office. But this is my advantages too, because I like computer and I want to build my skill in computer knowledge, I don't mind to do it either. Beside that sometimes I go to bank to deliver money, and it isn't write in my job description. Maybe all work with nothing to do with my job description looks simple, but you must see by your self the effect. Until now, I have been trust to work in system thing with all my partners (even my boss).

I don't give that example to boast my skill, but I want to show you if you can do multi task in your office, you can have benefit like I get. But it doesn't mean you forget your main job. Just for you know, my partners in one department often angry with me because sometimes I forget to do my main job. Yes, that is the negative side if you do multi task job. Of course, I don't recommend you follow my act, because you partner can be angry to you too.

So if I can review from my explanation above, have a multi task is an advantages for you. One of the advantages is everyone will trust you to do any kind of job in the company. And it have negative side too, if you forget about your main job. If you don't do your main job correctly, then maybe people in the office won't trust you anymore.

The conclusion is if you enjoy work with multi task, do it. Only with one condition : don't forget about your main job.

Copyright © Bimar

No comments: